Monday, August 31, 2009

A Semi Ride

Dylan got to go for a ride in Grandpa Brent's semi today. He had so much fun, boy was he excited. He packed his backpack full of fun things to do on the ride, got his sunglasses and his lunch bag and was ready to go.

All morning long, Dylan kept talking about having special time with Grandpa and going on a trip with Grandpa. On our drive to meet Grandpa, Dylan said, "I've never done this before! You know what I'm gonna be when I grow up? A semi person." When I watched him climb up in that big seat in that huge truck, he seemed so tiny to me. Even with the booster seat, you could barely see him out the window. He was smiling and giving peace signs and thumbs up. He was ready to go. I teared up thinking about how blessed our kids are with wonderful grandparents, how blessed we are to have those people in our lives that love our kids.

Thank you so much Grandpa Brent, for loving our kids, and for the wonderful memory you gave Dylan today.

No comments:

Post a Comment