Saturday, June 6, 2009

Loving to Learn

Garrett loves to learn. He asked me to teach him to read in preschool, because he did not want to wait until kindergarten. He picked it up so well, by the first day of kindergarten he was already reading where they wanted him to be at the beginning of first grade. He is always asking me to teach him new things, harder things..... you can't say no to that. Now at the end of Kindergarten, he is reading at a second grade level and is learning multiplication right now. His desire to learn is amazing, I hope he hangs onto that forever. He loves to memorize scriptures and memorized all the books of the old testament in one afternoon! We are working on the new testament now.... and in fact, I've memorized them, which I had never done.
While other kids may be content to play in the backyard all summer long, mine are begging me to teach them new things. What should I teach them tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment